Description of the strategy
- Actual version: 8.12 Chronovisor
- Last date of release: 23/11/2017
- Last date of trading settings release: 23/11/2017
- Technical support: 5 days a week, through on-line chat or e-mail (on english and russian languages)
- Platform: MetaTrader 4, MetaTrader 5
- Purpose: automated trading and automated trades execution on Forex market through MetaTrader4 (MetaQuotes Software Corp) trading terminal.
- Trading account types: ECN, NDD, Pro, Standard, Micro … all account types supported by MetaTrader4 terminal.
- Trading strategy: Market entry by candle analysis, with pre determined algorithm of candle figures with most probability of execution, filtered by price levels overlap of present day to previous day. Strategy demonstrated itself as a calm trading strategy with no aggressive entries. Trades are opened for few minutes or hours. Main entries on European and American sessions. Positions in profit are closed at the end of a trading day at European session closure. No trades during Asian session. Average profit of trade is from 5 to 50 points. Monthly profits are 10%, working drawdown is 5-7%. Maximal drawdown was fixed on tests during BREXIT 23/06/2016, for up to 30%. But there would be no trades on such news, risks are minimized, no rush for profits, main directives are saving the deposit and stable profits. Each currency pair in use is traded for about 250 trades annually. Pairs used in trading – EURUSD, GBPUSD, EURGBP.
- Recommended leverage: not below 1:100.
- Recommended minimal deposit: With averaging positions - 500 USD per 0,01 standard lot per each currency pair used in trading, with pledge up to 250 USD per 1,0 standard lot. If pledge is increased, minimal deposit must be increased along with increased pledge.
- Profitability: with the use of averaging 15-30% per month or up to 750% annual, with reinvestment of gained profits with minimal use of free funds. With the use of StopLoss from 2008 till September of 2015, result of profit is 6 315 048 USD with the initial deposit of 100 USD (!) see the statement.
- Quotes type: quotes 4 (1,2342) or 5 (1,23429) digits after comma.
- Money Management: automatic control of trading position volume for market entry, in relation to the balance of trading account.
- Without-loss output/averaging: can be disabled, with use of StopLoss.
- Currency pair: EUR/USD, GBP/USD, USD/CAD. List of used currency pairs may be expanded in future, highly volatile and trend pairs are recommended.
- Used time frame: M5, М15, М30, Н1. Trading settings for each time frame are located in the advisor folder. Not all time frames are used for specified
Currency pair. Trading settings can use specified time frame for specified currency pair.
- Indicators: search of predetermined candle figures, determination of price level trend direction. As a filter, strategy of Kalinka Capital OU development, forming crossings of three price triangles, formed by closure prices of ended day x , week x , month.
- Informational content: Information output on chart through the info panel, advisor status, levels of profit/loss fixing, voice message alerts about market position opening or pending order placement and profit fixing.
- Trading settings: Settings for currency pairs EUR/USD, GBP/USD, USD/CAD are supplied with advisor. Trading settings need to be installed manually through the properties of advisor window.
This advisor is one of the best software that is created by our company and is constantly improved. Results of trade and tests speak for themselves! Magelan is a profitable and riskless advisor for forex trading. First version of this advisor was released in 2010. In Spring 2017, new 7th generation was released.
Main advantage of Magelan v.8.0 Chronovisor, as in previous versions, is a possibility for maximal profit fixing of opened position taking into account current and projected trend movement of currency pair. Difference in 7th advisor version is that new modules of targeted profit and loss hedging were added, as they proven themselves in HEDGE GATE advisor. Most advisors are fixing the profits on pre-determined fixed take-profit. Which in most cases gives an opportunity to take only partial profit of current currency pair movement, or make losses on quote reversals without touching the line of take-profit. In Magelan v.8.0 Chronovisor system of algorithms is used, that calculates market activity for precise market entry and to exit the market when reversal, correction or lowered market activity towards the profit of opened position signals are present. If after closing the position in profit, after pause or small corrections, currency pair still continued its movement and there are sure signals for trend continuation, Magelan v.8.0 Chronovisor will enter the market again and will continue to trade by trend.
Also new filter is aplied in 8.0 Chronovisor version, that excludes false entries against trend. Our filter compares the prices of opening and closure of the day, week and month, and forms triangle-like edges for each period. When forming figures that are bound with each other, advisor filters most of false entries or exits which can lead to profit expectation not inside the trading day, but position being transferred to next days. Those who like constant market entries and scalping strategies, can disable this filter.
Targeted intraday profit.
How is this module works:
In module settings targetProfitPair , you determine profit percentage which you wish to gain inside trading day from each currency pair in use. Traders with previous versions of the advisors are aware about the fact that not each trading day all used pairs receive a signal on position opening. As there was no solid grounds on the projection of market movement. So it is not every day that we are reaching set profit percentage inside trading day.
Why does it happened? Set profit was always the same, but the amount of used pairs is different. It can be one out of nine, resulting in waiting till the end of session, to close the only opened position in some profit. Statistically, every major currency pair has its certain amount of intraday volatility, accordingly, by using averaged value of used currency pairs volatility, we are using averaged amount of profit in percents from each pair. Now, almost each day we are fixing the profit in relation to the total value of targetProfitPair х the amount of traded instruments, by currency pairs in the market. Resulting in increased profitability of trading strategy and more balanced trade.
Target profit from set date - best solution to the main goal of account managers!
By the traders of our main company Forex Invest Group OU a task was made, to create a multitask module of targeted profit. Which should execute calculations from set date and take into account profits/losses by closed positions, market positions and amount of used currency pairs per set period. This task was completed, and this module is now integrated in new version of Magelan Cronovisor advisor, as some part of our clients, and Forex Invest Group OU traders, are managing the client accounts.
Features of the module and its operation.
- Accounting of profit/loss from start date, set in dateFixingTargetValue settings.
- Total account of all opened and closed positions on trading account, even positions that were not opened or closed by the HEDGE GATE advisor itself, positions of third party advisors/robots, scripts or manual opened positions.
- Constant account of profit/loss balance by the amount of used currency pairs during specified period.
- Profit fixing by closing all trades on account when specified target profit cap is reached targetProfitPair х amount of used instruments in trading.
- By using this module, account balance can change in any direction for positive or negative, and HEDGE GATE will react to these changes and will make certain adjustments in calculations, accordingly with the changes. Which in turn decreases the PAMM managers involvement in constantly changing the parameters.
Losses hedging module.
ATTENTION! When using hedging module with multiple currency pairs in trade, module must be enabled only in one advisor, same for targeted profit module.
Must be disabled for the rest of advisors installed on other pairs.
This automated algorithm of actions was missed by traders who were using averaging strategy.
In case if there is a trouble making loss position, with the help of loss hedging module loss making positions are closed on account of profit positions on other instruments. And in most cases, before triggering the averaging module. On account of this module, possible drawdowns decreased in twice, profit factor value and mathematical expectation has increased. In total, trading results improved on several orders.
- When closing the positions in profit, HEDGE GATE will look for position with the most losses in currency of the deposit and if there is such position, advisor will close it completely, or partially, decreasing the lot volume of the position. In part, loss hedging directly depends on set value in coefficient_Hedge parameter, proportions of used part of gained profit by profit position and the amount of losses in market. Advisor can liquidate loss making position one time, or make several attempts.
- Also, during the trading process, advisor supports all positions opened on account. And if there are positions that were opened by mistake, against the market, opened by other advisors or manually, HEDGE GATE will fix this mistakes and will lead the account to profits. So, you can use launch HEDGE GATE advisor with loss making positions already in the market. HEDGE GATE will close loss making orders on account of its profits.